Posted by Wendy on 5/31/2017 to
3 Reasons Solar Lighting is Being Incorporated into Home, Garden, and Cottage Designs.
- You don't have to pay for electricity.
- Installation is easy. For most free-light products, you take the light out of the box, place it on your patio, walkway, column, pillar, or in your garden and you are done!
- You never have to worry about turning solar lights on or off.
The technology for outdoor solar lighting is improving rapidly, and at free-light we're improving right along with it. free-light solar lighting products are more attractive than ever, they are shining more brightly, and their run-time is longer.
Basic Components of Solar Lighting Products:
1. Solar panel (with a solar cell inside) - converts sunlight into an electrical current
2. Battery - wired directly to a re-chargeable battery that stores the electricity
3. LED bulbs - miniature light emitting diodes that produce the light
Additional Factors when Shopping and Comparing Solar Lighting Products:
- Circuitry - the wiring that determines how efficiently the stored electricity is converted to light
- Speed - the length of time required to charge
- Run time - the quality and integration of components determines how long the light will shine
- Longevity - the number of years the product is rated to last
- Appearance/Aesthetics - constructed of durable materials, weather resistant and attractive. Who wants an ugly bright light?
7 more reasons why free-light solar lighting products outshine the others.
The free thinkers at free-light are always enhancing our solar lighting products and developing new and innovative designs that deliver on the promise of "no wires... just add sun. "